Once you’ve stayed in a villa you’ll never want to stay in a hotel
You know, it’s nice staying in a hotel for a few days having someone make the bed every day for you, ordering room service, tipping everybody you come into contact with … ok, maybe not so much on that point.
Hotels are great for short stays but you do sacrifice a lot of freedom and boy, is it expensive!
Things that are great about staying in a villa – but you can’t do in a hotel
- Stay in bed as long as you like without worrying about the maid coming in
- Leave things lying around without worrying about the maid looking through your stuff
- Not worrying about leaving your magnetic key card somewhere
- No tipping anyone!
- No valet or parking fees
- Meal times when you like
- Eat in, eat out, order pizza – any time
- You don’t need a reservation for dinner
- You don’t need to dress up for dinner
- The bar doesn’t shut
- Ice machine in the kitchen, not miles away down the corridor
- No fighting for space around or in the pool, it’s all yours
- Listen to your own music, not someone else’s
- Not being stuck in one room for the whole of your holiday
- The air conditioning works and doesn’t keep you awake at night
- Kids have their own bedrooms, bathrooms and W/C
- The laundry doesn’t eat quarters every time you use it
- No sneaking past a concierge at midnight when the taxi has just dropped you off roaring drunk (oh, is that just me?)